Wednesday, November 08, 2006

What's Stopping You?

Okay, one last question related to Dangerous Wonder: We've talked about having a childlike sense of abandon and living dangerously, pursuing your passions. So my question now is "What's stopping you? What keeps you from living dangerously and pursuing your passion?"

BTW, let's not assume that everything that holds us back is necessarily bad. Some are, but sometimes we're held back by things that are good in themselves - like responsibilities to spouses and children and communities. So let's just share whatever it is that holds you back, good or bad.

6 comments:

WarePhreak Wyncoop said...

The #1 big issue right now is not knowing which passion is the strongest to follow.

Mike Clawson said...

Yeah, I've definitely been there, done that. I remember feeling in high school and most of college that I could do anything I want, if only I could figure out what that was. There were a lot of options, a lot of passions, and they all seemed good.

gerbmom said...

It's not so much that as being afraid I'll choose the wrong one and then wish I had chosen another.....funny tho, then I settle for none. :(

Brandy Daniels said...

Risk. Fear... fear that it is going to suck and be stupid, that life is easier now. Comfort is a strong motivator and to follow your passions you often have to give that up. Loosing the good things you do have and possibly not getting equal or better things back.

April said...

I guess I'm not too sure what my biggest passion is at the moment. If you would have asked me a year ago I would have said it would be to wrok at a camp...

Mike Clawson said...

Brandy - what you said reminds me of the Exodus story, about how God had to use Pharoah to make life unbearable in Egypt before the Israelites were willing to leave what was "comfortable".

April - is it just that camp is not all that you hoped it would be? Very often reality fails to live up to our expectations and dreams.